5. “The Dwarves Are Born Again” – by far the best Punk Rock album of the new decade. Blag and Company hit it out of the ball park.
4. Nintendo 3DS – Wow! The Gameboy has evolved into a stunning 3D gaming unit where you DON’T need those stupid glasses. I always dreamed in the future something like this might exist. It does now. Well to the future, it’s looking pretty bright. And deep!
3. Volume & Tone: The best line of guitar straps, ever. Made of cool and comfortable leather, these axe holders not only look 100 percent the part, they feel it as well. And finally, someone has brought back that thin Johnny Ramone-type strap again. Away with those hippie paisley thick and ugly straps that look like your dad’s worst ties. With Volume & Tone, it’s strap on and rock out.
2. Torchwood – “Miracle Day” . Okay, it’s not as classy as the episodes filmed strictly in Europe, but Captain Jack keeps it up in this limited run “special” Torchwood series. We finally get to see Jack’s other major love other than Yanto, and he gives Jack all the more soul. Plus, it’s a happy family with Gwen, Rys, and the new baby! Yay!!!!
1. Yorkshire Terriers! Bullheaded little beasts that look like Ewoks, talk like Chewbaccas, and are the best bed warmers. Ever. Plus, the unconditional love you’ll get from these guys and gals will keep your heart beating forever!